GLO Disaster Recovery Project
In November of 2011, The Texas General Land Office announced that 2008 Supplemental Disaster Recovery Funds for Round 2.2 non-housing activities were available to eligible Texas cities and counties. The City of Falfurrias was the recipient of one of those grants. The City of Falfurrias is pleased to share the plans that includes a vicinity map, and an overall site plan of the project areas.
The proposed improvements consist of the following:
- Installation of 272 linear feet of 4’ x 2’ Reinforced Concrete Box Culverts with an outfall to Cibolo Creek.
- Installation of 118 linear feet of 18” Reinforced Concrete Pipe.
- Installation of 910 linear feet of 24” Reinforced Concrete Pipe with an outfall to Cibolo Creek.
- Install reinforced concrete curb inlets and one junction box.
- Replacement of 150 linear feet of reinforced concrete valley gutter.
- Replacement 8,463 linear feet of reinforced concrete curb and gutter.
- Rehabilitation 16,103 square yards of pavement structure within existing street rights-of-way.
- Installation 64 linear feet of 5’ x 3’ reinforced concrete box culverts at a low water crossing on Travis Street, complete with headwalls.
- Seeding of 1,875 square yards for erosion control.
This project will provide drainage and street improvements to areas of Falfurrias that experienced flooding events and will enhance the quality of life of those residents.