"The Land of Heart's Delight"

Follow us on:


Animal Control

The Animal Control Department is responsible for the daily care of all animals and the cleaning of the shelter. Duties include collecting strays and animals at large found within the city limits, delivering and picking up of animal cages (traps), picking up and disposing of dead animals in City right of ways. The City works with the Brooks County Sheriff’s Office on investigating dog bites, and nuisances. This includes sending possible rabies cases to the Texas Department of Health, writing citations for violation of City Ordinances pertaining to animals in City limits, the sale of City registration tags and the collection of impound fees. The City has an agreement with La Palmas Veterinarian Clinic for the euthanizing of animals. 


Animal Control Adoption Policy 

Would you like to adopt a pet from the city animal control shelter? All adoptions are handled through Falfurrias Animal Control Officer. Please contact Leroy Villa at (361) 675-0057 to make an appointment, view animals that are available for adoption, or for information on adoptable animals. If interested in adopting an animal, the fee for pick-up and number of days impounded is required to be paid. 
Animal Control Fees 
Impound Fees – First Impoundment ……………………………....$10.00 + $4/day for food 

Frequently Asked Questions 

Q: If I have an animal control call within the city limits after business hours, on weekends, or on holidays, whom do I call?

A: Please reports any calls to Animal Control Officer Leroy Villa at (361) 675-0057. In case of an emergency, please contact the Sheriff’s Office dispatch. 
Q: What does it cost to get my pet out of the animal control shelter?

A: For a first impoundment, there is a $10.00 impound fee, and a $4.00 per day fee.
Q: How can I get an animal cage (trap)?

A: Come by City Hall to fill out a cage request. The cage is issued on a first come first served basis. The cages are limited, so there may be a waiting list. There is a $25.00 fee for deposit only.
Q: How do I report an animal roaming at large?

A: Please call us at City Hall Animal Control department to report any animals at large at (361) 325-2140.
Q: Why is it when I call and need Animal Control, it sometimes takes them a while to respond to the call?

A: The City of Falfurrias only has one animal control officer. When you call, the officer may be on another call and will answer your call as quickly as possible. 
Q: Who do I call about a dead animal?

A: Call us at City Hall to have Animal Control pick up and dispose of the body. 
Q: If my pet dies at home what do I do with the body?

A: Call us at City Hall and Animal Control will come and pick it up. 
Q: What is considered “running at large”?

A: An animal not in a fenced yard or not in control by its owner on a leash. If your pet is sitting on your porch, and your porch is not in a fenced yard, your pet is considered to be “at large” and can be picked up and you could be cited. 
Q: What is considered a “nuisance animal”?
A: “Animal nuisance” shall mean an animal or animals within the city limits that affect the quality of life or persons of normal nervous sensibilities, including but not limited to: (1) Excessive noise produced by barking, whining, digging, crowing, naying or braying or any other noise activity (2) Destruction of public or private property belonging to any person other than the owner (3) Any foul or noxious odor produced by the offending animal or animals.
antalya escort antalya escort mersin escort samsun escort kusadasi escort mersin escort adana escort eskişehir escort istanbul escort gaziantep escort bodrum escort izmir escort bursa escort kayseri escort ankara escort netspor canlı mac izle