Lewis David Flores, Jr.
Ph: (361) 325-2597
Fx: (361) 325-2468
215 E Allen St.
Falfurrias, Texas 78355
Description of Office
The City of Falfurrias is a General Law Type – A City operating under the Council-Manager form of government. This system combines the strength of an elected Mayor and City Council with a professional manager and staff.
The City Administrator serves as the Chief Administrative Officer and reports directly to the Mayor and City Council. The City Administrator is responsible for the development of program and policy alternatives for consideration by the Mayor and Council, as well as the implementation of those policies and programs adopted by the Mayor and Council.
Other responsibilities include meeting with private citizens, community groups, and public/private entities regarding City policies and programs.
One major responsibility is the formulation and administration of the City budget in order to assure a solid base and rationale for the allocation of funds and resources.
The City Administrator is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the City Council, which the board may accept, reject, or modify;
- Implementing any action taken by the City Council;
- Making budget recommendations to the City Council;
- Overseeing nearly six (6) department and division managers, who supervise 50 employees;
- Establishing short-term and long-term goals in order to ensure an efficient and effective operation.