Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
Lewis David Flores, Jr.
Ph: (361) 325-2597
Fx: (361) 325-2468
215 E Allen St.
Falfurrias, Texas 78355
Description of Office
The City of Falfurrias is a General Law Type – A City operating under the Council-Manager form of government. This system combines the strength of an elected Mayor and City Council with a professional manager and staff.
- Making recommendations to the City Council, which the board may accept, reject, or modify;
- Implementing any action taken by the City Council;
- Making budget recommendations to the City Council;
- Overseeing nearly six (6) department and division managers, who supervise 50 employees;
- Establishing short-term and long-term goals in order to ensure an efficient and effective operation.