Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
City of Falfurrias
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING – RESOLUTION NO. XXX– A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AN APPLICATION TO THE TEXAS PARKS & WILDLIFE DEPARTMENT FOR 2015 RECREATIONAL TRAILS PROGRAM FUNDS TO DEVELOP THE FALFURRIAS TRAIL SYSTEM.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING – To discuss and vote on authorizing the auctioning of surplus and salvage City equipment from City utilities, public works, and golf course through Apple Auctioneering Services.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING – To discuss and vote on issuing Request for Qualification (RFQ) for secondary legal services for City of Falfurrias.
- ITEM 6.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 7.) ADJOURN.