This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- Presentation of newly appointed City of Falfurrias Municipal Court Deputy Clerk Rolando Garza.
- Consideration and approval of an Ordinance #575 authorizing the issuance of “City of Falfurrias, Texas limited tax refunding bonds, series 2013,” providing for the payment of the bonds by the levy of an ad valorem tax upon all taxable property within the City, authorizing all the refunding of certain outstanding obligations, authorizing the execution of an investment letter of purchaser, execution of an Escrow deposit letter, and making other provisions regarding the bonds and matters incident thereto.
- Presentation relating to the possible issuance of Certificates of Obligation for street repairs.
- Discussion and presentation on status of City of Falfurrias 2013-2033 Comprehensive Plan.
- Discussion and possible action on authorizing City Administrator to terminate Building Inspector Services between City of Falfurrias and Abelcandoit Construction Consulting and Inspections.
- Discussion and possible action on authorizing City Administrator to execute agreement for Building Inspector Services between City of Falfurrias and Mr. Rene Hinojosa.
- Discussion and possible action on Interlocal Agreement with Brooks County for Emergency Management Services.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution #425, A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Falfurrias nomination for the Brooks County Appraisal District’s Directors for the years 2013-2014.