Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- Discussion and possible approval of consolidating tax collection services of the City of Falfurrias with the Brooks County Tax Office.
- Presentation by Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) Chairman.
- Discussion and possible action on equipment and hiring freezes, excluding public safety, pending final adoption of Falfurrias Comprehensive Plan and Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
- Discussion and possible action on Cost of Services map by Comprehensive and CIP areas, Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ), and County areas.
- Discussion and possible action on Public Hearing dates for Falfurrias Comprehensive Plan.
- Discussion on Code Enforcement Officer Position. (Within existing Police Department personnel).
- Discussion and possible action on amending Ordinance No. 419, an Ordinance providing for the method of selecting the member of the Board of Trustees of the Falfurrias Utility System.
- Discussion and possible action on amending Ordinance No. 517, an Ordinance authorizing the Utility Board of the City of Falfurrias to set the water, sewer, and gas rates to be charged in the operation of its business.