This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169
- Discussion and possible action on approval of Gift Deed with Mr. Al Barrera for City of Falfurrias Youth football field.
- Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No. 557 providing for the permitting and operation of certain game and amusement devices in the City of Falfurrias.
- Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No. 566 for creation of City Administrator position.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. 401 for adoption and inclusion of Organizational Chart in City of Falfurrias Personnel Manual.
- Discussion and possible action to review and possibly amend Ordinance No. 455, Junked Vehicles.
- Discussion and possible action to review and possible amend Ordinance No. 473, Lots, Weeds, Rubbish.
- Discuss and possibly take action on Order calling for a City General Election to be held on May 11, 2013.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. 402 calling Special Election for May 11, 2013 to consider adoption of city charter.
- Issue Notice of Election for the City Election to be held on May 11, 2013.
- Discussion and possible action on Special Counsel and Consulting Services for drafting of City Charter.
- Discussion and possible action to approve a $3,000 offer by Esequiel Gonzalez and Maria A. Bazan to purchase tax sale property on Lot 5, ‘A’ Rachal’s Addition, an addition to the City of Falfurrias, as described in Volume 1, Page 39, Deed Records of Brooks County, Texas belonging to Macedonia Treviño by Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson delinquent attorneys and approve a resolution
- Discussion and possible action to approve a $3,500 offer by Ernestina Sosa to purchase tax sale property on Lot 88, original townsite of Falfurrias, as described in deed dated March 15, 1984 recorded in Volume 112, Page 69, Deed Records of Brooks County, Texas belonging to Alonzo Cavazos by Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson delinquent attorneys and approve a resolution.
- Discussion and possible action on December financials for General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Discussion and possible action on approval of monthly bills.
- News and Information – (Non-Action Items)