This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. 400 for nomination and appointment of Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC)
- Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No. 565 designating population for City of Falfurrias
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. 401 calling for Special Election of Home-Rule Government for City of Falfurrias
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. 402 for adoption and inclusion of Organizational Chart in City of Falfurrias Personnel Manual
- Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No. 566 for creation of City Administrator position
- Discussion and possible action on Request for Qualifications (RFQ’s) for Financial Advisor, Bond Counsel, and City Engineering Services
- Discussion and possible action on Professional consulting services agreement for Economic Development, Municipal Planning Services and Operations
- Discussion and possible action on payment of monthly bills
- Discussion and possible action on amendments for 2013 fiscal year budget in General Fund