Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169
- Discuss and possibly take action on request from Armando Escalante for a city street light at Whistler Addition.
- Discuss and possibly approve Gift Deed with Mr. Al Barrera for City of Falfurrias Youth football field.
- Discuss and possibly approve purchase of signage for City advertising on Bus. 281.
- Discuss and possibly take action on amendments to Ordinance #557 providing for the permitting and operation of certain game and amusement devices in the City of Falfurrias.
- Discussion on City Council plans and objectives for 2013.
- News and Information – (Non-Action Item)