This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
City of Falfurrias
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169).
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve October 22, 2014 special meeting minutes.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve November 5, 2014 regular meeting minutes.
- ITEM 6.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on 2015 City of Falfurrias Holiday schedule.
- ITEM 7.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on October financials for General, Utility, and Special Revenue funds.
- ITEM 8.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Comprehensive Compensation and Classification Study and Job Descriptions.
- ITEM 9.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss luminarias decorations and lighting for Downtown and invite the public to participate on Christmas Eve.
- ITEM 10.) EXECUTIVE SESSION – The council may enter into closed or executive session to discuss the following Texas Government Code Section 551.074 –Personnel Matter;
- ITEM 11.) RETURN TO OPEN SESSION – (a) Consider and act upon items listed under Executive Session:
- ITEM 12.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 13.) ADJOURN.