Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169).
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) CONISDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Ordinance No. 557 – AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR ESTABLISHMENTS OPERATING CERTAIN GAME AND AMUSEMENT DEVICES AND REQUIRING CERTAIN SECURITY MEASURES FOR SAID ESTABLISHMENTS AND PROVIDING FOR PENALTIES AND VIOLATIONS OF SAID ORDINANCE, SAVINGS, AND SEVERABILITY CLAUSE, CONFLICTS AND PROVIDING EFFECTIVE DATE.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on request from Brooks County in the amount of $13, 315.76 for Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) Contract No. 712015 – 2013 Colonia Waterline Extension Project No. 110129.000.2.
- ITEM 6.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on oil, gas, and mineral lease proposal by EOG Resources Inc., for City property located at 0.24 acre of land, more or less, being 75 by 140 feet out of Lot 4, Block 18 of Addition Number 1 of the Falfurrias Farm and Garden Tracts per map or plat of said tract recorded in Volume 1, Page 21 of the Map Records of Brooks County, Texas, and being more particularly described in that certain Warranty Deed dated December 1, 1952 from Carl Frank Hopper and Dick Rachal Hopper to the City of Falfurrias, recorded in Volume 41, Page 273 of the Deed Records of Brooks County, Texas.
- ITEM 7.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on Resolution No. XXX – A RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING THE CITY OF FALFURRIAS INVESTMENT POLICY AND INVESTMENT STRATEGIES; DESIGNATING CITY ADMINISTRATOR AND DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AS THE AUTHORIZED CITY REPRESENTATIVES WITH FULL AUTHORITY FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES, AND PROVIDING FOR DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL INTEREST.
- ITEM 8.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss the residential and commercial solid waste rate analysis.
- ITEM 9.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on May financials for General and Special Revenue funds.
- ITEM 10.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss proposed budget workshop and tax rate adoption dates for fiscal year (FY) 2015.
- ITEM 11.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss vendor complaint from City of Falfurrias 4th of July Celebration and Rodeo.
- ITEM 12.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 13.) ADJOURN.