Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169).
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on accepting bid for City of Falfurrias 2014 Street Improvements Project.
- ITEM 5.) CONISDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Ordinance No. 514 – AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF THE JUDGE OF THE MUNICIPAL COURT OF THE CITY OF FALFURRIAS, TEXAS: PROVIDING FOR THE TERM, AUTHORITY, COMPENSATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REMOVAL.
- ITEM 6.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on relocating municipal court operations to the Chamber of Commerce building.
- ITEM 7.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss the operations of the Falfurrias Utilities Advisory Board as recommended by board members.
- ITEM 8.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss workshop date(s) for comprehensive plan.
- ITEM 9.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on May financials for General, Special Revenue, and Utility Funds.
- ITEM 10.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 11.) ADJOURN.