This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169).
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on engaging the services of John Womack, CPA & Company for FY 2013 audit services.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly vote on accepting bid for City of Falfurrias 2014 Street Improvements Project.
- ITEM 6.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss providing medical benefits for Municipal Judge Position.
- ITEM 7.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on April financials for General, Special Revenue, and Utility Funds.
- ITEM 8.) BRIEFING, DISCUSSION, AND DIRECTION CONCERNING: To discuss administrative meetings with Brooks County, research by City Staff and scheduling a date (s) for workshops.
- ITEM 9.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 10.) ADJOURN.