Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss canvassing of Election returns for City of Falfurrias May 10, 2014 General Election.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To Issue Certificates of Election to the newly elected members of the City Council.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To Issue Oath of Office to newly elected members of the City Council.
- ITEM 6.) PRESENTATION: Presentation of SILVER award from Texas State Comptroller of Public Accounts for financial transparency.
- ITEM 7.) PRESENTATION: Presentation of Certificates for successful completion of Leadership Supervisory Course Training on May 8th and 9th by City of Falfurrias employees by Perry Hyden from Hyden Leadership Development, LLC.
- ITEM 8.) PRESENTATION: Presentation of $100,000 Rural Business Enterprise Grant (RBEG) Program award for Downtown Revitalization by Yvonne Garza from USDA.
- ITEM 9.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 10.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and possibly take action on General Fund and Special Revenue financials for the months of March.
- ITEM 11.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 12.) ADJOURN.