Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve December 4, 2013 regular meeting minutes.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve December 18, 2013 regular meeting minutes.
- ITEM 6.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve January 8, 2014 special meeting minutes.
- ITEM 7.) CONISDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Resolution No. XXX – A RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING A 4B FALFURRIAS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND APPROVING ARTICLES OF FORMATION FOR CITY OF FALFURRIAS.
- ITEM 8.) PRESENTATION: Presentation on donation for Tony Lemus Parks Improvements to City of Falfurrias from Community Action Corporation of South Texas by Debbie Curiel.
- ITEM 9.) PRESENTATION: Presentation by Jason Claunch of Catalyst Commercial on City of Falfurrias Leakage Analysis.
- ITEM 10.) CONISDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Ordinance No. XXX – A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING GRANTWORKS INC. ON BEHALF OF CITY OF FALFURRIAS TO PREPARE THE CITY OF FALFURRIAS MULTI-HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN TO BE REVIEWED AND CONSIDERED FOR ADOPTION.
- ITEM 11.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To consider re-appointment of fifth member to the City of Falfurrias Utility Systems Advisory Board.
- ITEM 12.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To authorize bookkeeping services by City of Falfurrias for Ed Rachel Memorial Golf Course and creation of a golf course enterprise fund at the First National Bank of Falfurrias.
- ITEM 13.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 14.) ADJOURN.