This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) PRESENATION: Presentation by Aurora Hernandez on declaring the City of Falfurrias as the hometown of Country Roland.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Proclamation – A PROCLAMATION DESIGNATING APRIL 2014 AS FAIR HOUSING MONTH IN THE CITY OF FALFURRIAS.
- ITEM 6.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Proclamation – A PROCLAMATION DESIGNATING APRIL 2014 SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS AND PREVENTION MONTH IN THE CITY OF FALFURRIAS.
- ITEM 7.) CONISDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Interlocal Agreement between City of Falfurrias and County of Brooks for operation of Veterans County Service Office.
- ITEM 8.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on Resolution No. XXX to indemnify the First National Bank in Falfurrias for delivery of funds in Utility Board accounts to the City of Falfurrias.
- ITEM 9.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To discuss and vote on January financials for General, Special Revenue, and Utility Funds.
- ITEM 10.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve a $1,200 offer by Arnold Mireles to purchase tax sale property on Lot 2, Block C, Rachal Addition, an addition to the City of Falfurrias, as described in Volume ‘1’ Page 308, Deed Records of Brooks County, Texas belonging to Leonarda G. Martinez by Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson delinquent attorneys and approve a Resolution No.XXX.
- ITEM 11.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 12.) ADJOURN.