Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- Lamar D. Martinez Sr., Mayor
- Letty Garza, Mayor Pro-Tem
- David Longoria, Alderman
- Manuel Perez Jr., Alderman
- Mae Saenz, Alderwoman
- Roberto J. Villarreal, Alderman
- Noel Bernal, City Administrator
- Melinda Garza, City Clerk
- Ricardo H. Soliz, Municipal Judge
- Ramiro Gonzalez, Chief of Police
- Roberto Gomez, Public Works Director
- Samuel Maldonado, Utilities Director
- Homer Mora, City Attorney
- ITEM 1.) CALL TO ORDER AND CERTIFICATION OF A QUORUM:
- ITEM 2.) CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- ITEM 3.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Monthly bills.
- ITEM 4.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Appointment of fifth member to the City of Falfurrias Utility Systems Advisory Board.
- ITEM 5.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Ordinance No. 580 – AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE PERMITTING FOR ESTABLISHMENTS OPERATING CERTAIN GAME AND AMUSEMENT DEVICES IN THE CITY OF FALFURRIAS; AND PROVIDING FOR PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF ORDINANCE, SAVINGS AND SEVERABILITY CLAUSE FOR CONFLICTS; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- ITEM 6.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To evaluate and select proposal in response to City of Falfurrias Request for Proposals (RFP) for ambulance services.
- ITEM 7.) Presentation on Falfurrias Security Force by Juan Gonzalez.
- ITEM 8.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To establish budget for 3rd Annual 4th of July Celebration to include music, advertising, rodeo, and activities related thereto.
- ITEM 9.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: Discussion and possible action on authorizing City Administrator to proceed with application process relating to a Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) loan for improvements to the City’s sewer system and directing City staff, the City Attorney, and Melden & Hunt Inc. to take appropriate action relating to such loan.
- ITEM 10.) CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING: To approve a $5,500 offer by Arnold Mireles to purchase tax sale property on Lot 15, Block 16, Miller Brothers Addition, an addition to the City of Falfurrias, as described in Volume ‘75’ Page 419, Deed Records of Brooks County, Texas belonging to Jesse A. Grimes by Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson delinquent attorneys and approve a Resolution No.XXX.
- ITEM 11.) NEWS AND INFORMATION – (Non-Action Items)
- ITEM 12.) ADJOURN.