This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- 1. CALL TO ORDER
- 2. ROLL CALL
- 3. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- 4. Approval of monthly bills.
- 5. Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No. 578 creating the “City of Falfurrias Utility System Advisory Board” to assist and advise the Falfurrias City Council on planning, design, and construction issues associated with the City of Falfurrias water, gas, and sewer system and setting forth terms of office, selection of members, and other related items.
- 6. Discussion and possible action on appointing members to the “City of Falfurrias Utility Systems Advisory Board”.
- 7. Presentation by Mr. Gilbert Vela.
- 8. Presentation by Mr. Russell Gallahan from Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts on Economic Development Corporations (EDCs).
- 9. Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No.579 establishing a 4B Falfurrias Economic Development Corporation and approving Articles of Formation.
- 10. Discussion and possible action on Ordinance No. 580 providing for the permitting and operation of certain game and amusement devices in the City of Falfurrias.
- 11. Discussion and possible action to approve the December financials for the General Fund and the Special Revenue Fund.
- 12. Discussion and possible action on setting date of record for accounting cycle between Utility Board General Fund and City of Falfurrias Utility Fund (recommended by City auditor).
- 13. Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. 429 calling Special Election to be held on May 10, 2014 for vacant Mayor seat to serve a 1-year unexpired term.
- 14. Discussion and possible action on Order calling for a City General Election to be held on May 10, 2014.
- 15. Discussion and possible action on establishing Veteran’s Services with $7,000.00 for fiscal year 2014 budget.
- 16. Discussion and possible action on appointment of police officers, set salary, and effective date of appointment.
- 17. Discussion and possible action on purchase of Samsung Galaxy tablets for $6,666.00.
- 18. Discussion on 3rd Annual 4th of July Celebration activities:
- 19. News and Information – (Non-Action Items)