Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- Approval of monthly bills.
- Approval of minutes.
- Presentation by Saul Garza on Adult Softball field.
- Discussion and possible action on July financials for General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Discussion on creating Ordinance to establish Building Inspector requirements.
- Discussion and possible action on ratifying Resolution #409 authorizing the commencement of proceedings relating to the issuance refunding bonds; and other matters related thereto.
- Discussion and possible action on ratifying Resolution #410 authorizing the submission of a request to the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) authorizing an amendment to the loan commitment; and other matter related thereto.
- News and Information – (Non-Action Items)