This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- Approval of monthly bills.
- Approval of minutes.
- Discussion and possible action on June financials for General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Discussion and possible action on schedule for August 15th and August 29th City of Falfurrias budget workshops.
- Discussion and possible action authorizing the Texas Municipal League (TML) Intergovernmental Employee Benefits Pool (IEBP) increase of 5% to Medical Benefit Plan.
- Discussion and possible action on approval of $8,972.50 Technical Assistance Agreement with the Nelrod Company for creation of wage rate chart and job descriptions based on salary comparability and organization chart and to include final narrative report.
- Discussion and possible action on building inspector services plan as recommended by City Administrator.
- Discussion and possible action on amending Ordinance No. 557; increasing fee for permit for establishments operating certain game and amusement devices, denying food preparation at such establishment and providing for penalties for violations of Ordinance, savings and severability clause, conflicts and providing for an effective date.
- Discussion and possible action on authorizing Requests for Proposal (RFP) for City of Falfurrias Depository Contract for banking services.
- Discussion and possible action on appointment of exploratory committee to analyze the feasibility of creating an Economic Development Corporation (EDC) to further economic development opportunities for City of Falfurrias.
- Discussion on administrative framework options for City of Falfurrias to include management and control of City-Owned utilities.
- Discussion and possible action to approve an Interlocal Agreement with Brooks County for landfill personnel services, ambulance services, streets, Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and/or other services as determined by City Council.
- Discussion and possible action regarding options for providing ambulance services for City of Falfurrias.
- Discussion and possible action on acceptance of resignation from Mr. Quirino Jaime Jr.
- Discussion and possible action on posting for two (2) Public Works positions for City of Falfurrias.