This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169)
- Approval of monthly bills.
- Approval of minutes.
- Recognition of volunteers, staff, and sponsors of “2nd Annual City of Falfurrias 4th of July Celebration and Rodeo”
- Presentation of Certificates of Recognition
- Photographs with volunteers and staff (please feel free to wear your t-shirts)
- Photographs and Certificates of Appreciation to sponsors
- Presentation by event Promoter and Chairperson
- Financial report of event.
- Discussion and possible action on June financials for General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Discussion and possible action on schedule for Saturday July 20, 2013 City of Falfurrias budget workshop.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution #409 authorizing the commencement of proceedings relating to the issuance refunding bonds; and other matters related thereto.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution #410 Authorizing the submission of a request to the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) authorizing an amendment to the loan commitment; and other matter related thereto.
- Discussion and possible action on building inspector services.
- Discussion and possible action to approve a $4,200.00 offer by Gilbert Garza to purchase tax sale property on Lot 10, Block 1, Robert R. Scott Addition as described in Volume 100, Page 361, Deed Records of Brooks County, Texas belonging to Ruben G. Gonzalez, Leonarda Gonzalez, and Elizabeth Gonzalez by Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson delinquent attorneys and approve a Resolution #411.
- News and Information – (Non-Action Items)
- Department Head Reports
- Municipal Court
- Judge’s Report
- Chief of Police – Police Department
- Report on status of equipment purchases
- Presentation of new equipment if already arrived
- Report on status of new vehicles & equipment for their use
- Grant vehicle status
- Purchased vehicles status
- Report on Police Department Staffing.
- Regular Meeting 7 17 2013
- Public Works Director
- Update on Parks improvements
- Update on Streets assessment
- COG Representative
- Routine Monthly Reporting
- City Clerk – Administration
- Update on Property Tax Collections Consolidation.
- Other reports as needed.
- City Administrator – General reports
- Update on Public Facilities Plan.
- General report of projects.