Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169
- Presentation by Falfurrias Community Action on Teen Outreach Program.
- Discussion and possible action on approval of monthly bills.
- Discussion and possible action on February financials for General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Discussion and possible action renewal of contract with Lamar Companies for City billboard.
- Discussion and possible action on issuance of permit for amusement redemption machine business as per Ordinance No. 557.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution approving Consumer Price Index (CPI) solid waste rate modification with Waste Connections of Texas.
- Discussion and possible action on contract for audit services with John Womack & Company CPA.
- Discussion and possible action on City Facility Plan for City of Falfurrias police department.
- Discussion on Home Rule process.