Did you know?
This is Falfurrias, Texas
Falfurrias is the county seat of Brooks County, Texas, United States. The town is named for founder Edward Cunningham Lasater's ranch, La Mota de Falfurrias. In 1893, the Falfurrias ranch was one of the largest in Texas at some 350,000 acres.
The city is centered around the intersection of U.S. Highway 281 and State Highway 285 and is approximately 81 miles southwest of Corpus Christi, 90 miles southeast of Laredo, and 36 miles south of Alice. Population was 6,200 as of 2010.
Welcome to our city
We welcome entrepreneurs who may be considering our visionary community as a location for their investment.
Whether it is city taxes or fines, our easy to use on-line payment site will save you time and energy.
Thank you again and from all of us at The City of Falfurrias, Texas, a BIG thank you.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion – JC 0169
- Discussion and possible action on approval of monthly bills.
- Presentation by Linebarger, Goggan, Blair, and Sampson on ACT tax software.
- Discussion and possible action to proclaim April as Fair Housing Month.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution establishing Local Fair Housing Policies and Practices.
- Discussion and possible action on Resolution establishing Fair Housing Complaint Procedure
- Discussion and possible action on approval of US 281/I-69 Coalition Membership for City of Falfurrias.
- Discussion and possible action on appointment of Committee for 2nd Annual 4th of July Celebration.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION – The council may enter into closed or executive session to discuss the following:
- Section 551.074 – Economic Development; Personnel Matter
- To deliberate the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline; or
- Discussion on the appointment of Melinda Garza as City Clerk
- Discussion of certain economic development matters; and
- Presentation on economic development by City Consultant